It seems so simple but this one trait can increase your writing productivity by 300%.
3 Ways Gratefulness Boosts Productivity
- Gratefulness is an emotional state of peace
- Gratefulness attracts the muse
- Gratefulness can’t coexist with anger, anxiety or depression
When you are at peace with yourself, you free yourself to create. You trade rules for relishing in the joy of the moment. You trade self-imposed restrictions for self-empowering relationships (between ideas, words and people).
Your muse thrives in peaceful freedom. You blend and connect and explore without the impediments of anger, fear or sadness.
Simple Ways to Cultivate Gratefulness (Tony Robbins practices #3)
- Start a gratefulness journal where you write down 5-10 things you feel grateful for each day
- Say “Thank you” more often
- Spend 5-10 minutes each day meditating or praying with a focus on thankfulness (for big things and tiny little things)
Here’s a podcast of Tony Robbins (with Tim Ferriss) walking you step by simple step through his morning priming ritual: Episode 1 at the 26:16 mark
However you do it, nurture gratefulness daily. Soak in it. And reap the glorious benefits to your productivity.