OK, that’s every day, but Wednesday is a special day because it’s the day for #1LineWed.
#1LineWed = First Line Wednesday
First line Wednesday was created by @RWAKissofDeath to be a playground for writers. Basically, this is how it works:
- @RWAKissofDeath posts a tweet with the first line Wednesday word of the week (sit, kiss, night, cupcake demons — OK maybe not that last one, but you get the gist. It can be anything).
- Writers from around the world post lines, quotes or sentences from their novels that include the word of the week.
Here’s an example of a #1linewed word of the week post.
Note: Don’t include buy links in your tweet.
It’s fun, great for interaction and – best of all – you get to read lots of wonderfuly crafted sentences.
There are so many brilliant tweets!
Here are the top 5 tweets (according to me) from this week’s #1LineWed, in no particular order.
Top 5 #1LineWed Tweets
1. “Riding her soul like a demon” is so good.
2. Marshmallows are funny. So is this tweet.
3. I will never sit on a lawn again.
4. I want to know more! Don’t you?!
5. So much subtext, so few words.
There were so many more great lines. This post would be a phonebook (does anyone still get that reference – please God say “yes”. 😀)
Play along each Wednesday and read more masterfully crafted lines at #1linewed on Twitter.
Follow me @Chris_Kokoski